Benefits Your Students
Volunteer teachers learn valuable content that will benefit the quality of their lessons
Content of training will assist volunteers to be better prepared for Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Volunteer teachers will learn practical ideas around classroom management
Master Your Craft
Learn more about what it means to teach English as a foreign language
Read about content and best practice in teaching English as a foreign language
Gain access to professional development resources
Gain an accredited certification valued by employers
Gain practical experience
Improve your resume
Gain access to a TEFL community through ACCREDITAT
If you are looking to begin a career in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to individuals outside of the United States or just looking to expand your knowledge on teaching English to non-native speakers the optional WorldTeach TEFL Certification is a great start. Accredited by ACCREDITAT, the WorldTeach TEFL Certification is designed to equip volunteer teachers with the knowledge and competencies they need to be more effective in the classroom.
The content of the WorldTeach optional TEFL certification was designed and created by individuals with years of teaching experience around the globe. The content is aligned with WorldTeach standards of best practice and will enhance your understanding of teaching English as a foreign language.
The WorldTeach Optional TEFL Certification is comprised of five components to help prepare you for what is to come, whether that be your WorldTeach service, looking at a career teaching English abroad, or want to advance your content knowledge.
The five components include:
- Pre-departure Observations: 10 hours of observation and engagement in a domestic ESL setting prior to departure with responses to the accompanying reflection packet.
- Online Readings: 125 hour equivalent text comprised of readings and quizzes culminating in an exam.
- In Person Training: Orientation comprised of cultural and educational content and a site visit for select volunteer teachers, depending on placement and program, with accompanying reflection.
- Practicum (Observation and Participation): 10 hours of engagement in an ESL classroom and reflection prior to departure, 15 hours of observed or team teaching (Including possible site visit).
- Successful Completion of your WorldTeach Commitment: This includes successful completion of the Teacher Quality Program as well as successful completion of your program duration.
|To earn TEFL Certification you must complete your time of service as well as the online component consisting of a 125 hour equivalent text and quiz.|
|You can begin your TEFL Certification as soon as you are confirmed to be a WorldTeach volunteer teacher.|
How to Enroll:
|Pay the TEFL fee associated with your program as well as submitting your pre-departure work to TEFLCert@WorldTeach.org|
Payments for the optional TEFL Certification are non-refundable after the start of the program orientation. The cost and content of certification varies by program duration.
Independent Engagement in Educational Setting
To be eligible to enroll in TEFL certification individuals must confirm their placement in a WorldTeach program. In order to obtain certification, all requirements, including completing your time of service, must be done.
Should I do my TEFL training before or after WorldTeach?
Do I have to be technologically savvy to complete the course?
You can complete the course utilizing basic computer skills. You will need access to the internet in order to complete the online portion of the content. If you will not have stable access to the internet please contact the WorldTeach office of education to learn more about how to complete the program at TEFLCert@WorldTeach.org.
How does the WorldTeach Program Compare to Others?
Who can I talk to if I have further questions?